kate5kiwis: number five is alive!!!

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

number five is alive!!!


Hello *five* boy!!! You are wearing a shiny blue *birthday boy* badge today, which you found when you raced into our bedroom at the crack of dawn this morning, and we produced a wee stack of stuff for you, which had been resting on our headboard all night. I love that family tradition, just like when I was a wee girl: all the family, woken and gathered on our bed, singing *the song* and watching the birthday boy gleefully tearing paper, and loving the moment.

Today, I thought I'd tell you the little story from when you were just a twinkle in your Daddy's eye. I had lost a baby, and was still grieving a year later... and then, I had a "moment", when I felt that it would be ok to try for one more baby. I had this "idea" that you would be born in the October. I had prayed, actually, because Daddy was unsure about having more babies, but to my delight, he agreed... and so I spent the best part of a year growing you in my tummy. Your other brothers and your sister were so helpful: I lay on the couch most of that year, and they all ran the house around me (and they ran around the house lots too!!). They were so understanding. and finally the day came when you arrived. The last day of October.
*grin*
Daddy and Auntie Doozie delivered you in the lounge of our little house, after only 55 minutes of my labour. You were in quite a hurry to see the world!! and, just like each of your siblings, you have taught us so much about life and loving.

Finally, the tshirt which Granny and GD gave you two Christmases ago is true:

You are number *5* !!!

Happy Birthday, Mickey Mouse.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Mickey Mouse. Wow, 5 already and what a cute little dude you have grown into. Have heaps of fun and enjoy doing whateva u get up to.
Luv The Groovers xxxxx

11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Kate, you made me cry! What a beautiful story. You are indeed blessed. What a beautiful, happy, gorgeous wee boy he is!
GO BIG FAMILIES!!!!!!!!!!
Sharyn

7:07 PM  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

what a beautiful story, so heartwarming.

My babies will teurn 5 in a few days too. My how time flies when we are surrounded by such delightful creatures.

4:57 AM  
Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

That is so sweet! My baby turned 15 this month. I about cried!

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello sweet little man. Wow 5! That came along so fast!Happy happy birthday to you!
Mummy, I love your comments and can so relate to the birthday tradition. We do the same here! so sweet.

Love you our friends

10:45 AM  
Blogger Liesl said...

Happy Birthday, Mr. 5, and Happy Birthing Day, Mama :) What a sweet story and what a happy family.

Excuse me, I need to find a tissue ;-)

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A late comment I know - but I can still remember the VERY early morning phone call, which I stumbled through to answer - and it was you guys, which was so cool, and then F said "Hey is Grant there as well" and I just *knew* and said - "are you pregnant?" and F said - "Get Grant" and you were - and I was so sad to be so far away - cause you were so tired, and then we got home and about 2 weeks later you left for The Sunny Bay - and that's a whole different story, cause we got an email from Jonny while we were in France saying - quick you have to come home, the G's are talking about going to The Sunny Bay and we have to change their minds....and I felt so sad, cause I wanted you here when I had my babies, and I think I cried. Isn't life funny the way it just keeps changing, no matter how much you want to it stop for a while.

1:40 PM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

leighleigh
*kate blinks back tears*
oh how we do m-i-i-i-s-s you.
and i do miss *so much* about our aux life...
and we love coming up for visits.
but it's not the same as *living life* together...

do you know, though: it has been so *good* for F and me to have spread our wings a little. it's had such a positive impact on our personal life journeys. it has reawakened the blonde-hippie within... i really *love* the beachy lifestyle here.

and we often say: i wonder what we'd be like if we had stayed...
in our teensy house on rosie ave..

i was thinking the other day how much love and input your mum has had to me and my life, as i was telling my friend that Beth organised a whole month's worth of every-second-day meals delivered to us on the birth of our M5: rather than saying: "Kate'll cope, it's the fifth baby.. she's good at it now", your dahling mum got that roster together. i'll never forget it.

i find change difficult too. especially when people move on. we have two close families leaving The Sunny Bay at the end of the year: and D17 has a mate from school leaving for Britain too.

tell Grant that Katie says: sell that bach and buy one down here!!!

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home