kate5kiwis: christmas belles

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Saturday, December 01, 2007

christmas belles

Antipo, i covet your location. you're a kiwi girl *living in france*!!!!! when you emailed me a few months ago, saying that you and Pauline would like some sparkles from the antipodes, i flipped my lid. moi, sending something to my favourite place?!!!

quelle surprise, les belles sont finies!!!
behold two perfect concoctions:

Pauline's *paua pearl necklace*, with four (one for each of your family!) blue and green luminescent paua ovals, nestled amongst a huge handful of freshwater pearls, lead crystal faceted beads, and a wonderful mixture of blue and cream and turquoise seed beads all wired in surfy waves to remind you of the wild and beautiful seas of Aotearoa.

and a *christmas crème brulée necklace* pour vous: a délicieuse tarty creamy mouthful (it's ok, i didn't lick the beads) of candy pinks and clear berry reds and creams, freshwater pearls, crystals, teeny weeny pinky beads, all wired into a delectable strand to wear at a special occasion, or tous les jours as you walk around your village, stopping to sit at your favourite café to meet les amies and spend hours sipping lattes and nibbling croissants whilst chatting with the locals about the state of the vine-ripened tomatoes and grapes. cos that's what you do all day, oui?!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Antipodeesse said...

Oh my God Kate - You're a fast piece of work! (Oops, I didn't mean it like that!)

Truly, I'm amazed that:

(1) you have already finished them, and

(2) that I was sitting in front of my 'puter just at the moment you posted the photos!

I actually have tears in my eyes Babe. You are making me very homesick. I'll be so happy to have a little piece of home round my neck every day.
xxxx

9:52 AM  
Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

¡Que bonita, chica!

Sehr schön!

(So, I don't know French. Sorry!)

1:04 PM  
Blogger BeachMama said...

Oh Kate, tres jolie!! You are so talented.

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home