kate5kiwis: flower girl

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Friday, April 04, 2008

flower girl

these little pretties
are popping up in all four corners of The Secret Garden. they look like mini pavlovas and are *so* inviting.
oh, and my luffly friend Louise came back from Thailand two days ago and she has brought me a wee gifty:
this exquisite fabric,
which is actually a wrap-around skirt. it's so cheerful! i think it's gonna take all my strength *not* to turn it into part of R14's next quilt. yep, in a month or three the weather will be conducive to snuggling up with a spot of sewing... and we are starting to get *ideas* already!

4 Comments:

Blogger Little Miss Flossy said...

Oh you have flowers! Our garden has given up. Definitely time to think about snuggling... I'm on the look-out for flannel sheets to make loungey-type pants from, snuggly ones. I know, I know - I have a cupboard full of sheets... but they're summer cotton... and so cold-feeling. I need flannel. Any excuse hey?

10:10 PM  
Blogger Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

Kate thats beautiful material
Jen

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*drooling* OMGosh, THE FABRIC!! *drooling* It's so gorgeous.

I am in full-fledged Fabric Envy. Can't wait to see the skirt when it's done. :)

PS: my word verification was imqsy - I'm queasy? LOL!

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous fabric. I was at the fabric store today and for once could have left with most of it. There were so many great fabrics out today.

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home