kate5kiwis: the dam has officially burst

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Friday, May 30, 2008

the dam has officially burst

and aprons are flying off the sewing machine like... er... uh... flying aprons?!!!!!
first off we have a very speshal apron for a very speshal Beanie Babe who's turning thirty this weekend, in honour of you finding your meat-and-veggies-kitchen-muse and because, as we all know, red stuff rocks.
wishing you a wonderful continuation of your week-long-celebrations and a huge thanks for your unending patience with moi, the comment-bomber from... er... uh... apronville. and yes, you can even lick the strawberries.
Happy Birthday, Sarah Bean!!!

next up/off we have the hip-est apron for the hippiest chick i know: yep, it's Hay in The Windy City who turned my heart to moosh (that's not difficult) earlier this week by making a "i covet your stuff" comment. this little beauty is a wonderful mix of all things chic and hippie:
it's blue, which is your favourite colour,
it has little white flowers
to celebrate your flower-child within,
and i've even tie-dyed that apple-green calico and sexied (that is a word, i think) it up with rick rack. all in all, very seventies, very chic, very Rainbow Soup. oh, you wanna see your name again? i do.
oh, i *love* how it turned out!!!

and lastly we have a wee Whip Up. cos that's what we do best. Woozie came home from school last night and as i was revealing my finished apron-creations to her she had a brainwave that she'd like to make a little something for another of her fave Katies who shares our birthday weekend. (uh, that would be in two weeks time, in case you're thinking of sending expensive french perfume... or... flowers, chocolates, promises you don't intend to keep... guess the movie line)
so we bribed Bulldog to make dinner, and together we birthed this little sweetie:
complete with personalised heart:
cos ya know, we're all about the name tags.
oh k, no more sewing for *two weeks*, cos i'm taking the machine back to Julie's today, and holding my breath until my Woozie's birthday present arrives...

10 Comments:

Blogger Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

LOVE the aprons
you clever sewer you
jen

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! speechless! gorgeous! and sooo exciting :D

11:40 AM  
Blogger Sharonnz said...

I love my Bernina machines. I'm sure Miss 15!! (right?) will have a long and happy sewing relationship with hers too.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Little Miss Flossy said...

The dam has burst! The floodgates have opened! Take cover, here comes a deluge of aprons!

You know I'm just jealous, they're all amazing. Mine IS getting there , slowly but surely. I had this weekend set aside to make it but I'm off sick today so I'm ahead of schedule... miracle.

12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh My Heck! I hypothetically LOVE it!! lol..

Um, it doesn't mean I have to cook does it? I can just wear it around...ooooo! I have my ERO outfit :)

4:01 PM  
Blogger Setiuz Mama said...

You legend!! Hey....can I put in a order for one....just let me know what sort of monetary or swappy negotiations we could do if it works for you......I've got so many blinkin projects on the go there is NO way i'm going to fit in an apron! Oh and I'm a patient woman....I can wait till you have access to a 'sewing machine' once again! Loves!!

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beauty and the Beast! Cogsworth says it!

2:14 AM  
Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

Love those aprons! I can tell a lot of work and luv went into them - the best kind!

4:35 AM  
Blogger Antipodeesse said...

Your sewing talents have inspired me and you get an honourable mention on the K&P blog today!

Only a few weeks until I can check out your goods in PERSON my dear!!

10:55 PM  
Blogger Laura/CenterDownHome said...

Things I never thought I'd covet:
1) APRONS

:)

I wonder what other things I never expected to desire are lurking around the next corner ...

NO. NOT a thong!

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home