kate5kiwis: bounce

kate5kiwis

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.” — Mitsugi Saotome

Friday, October 24, 2008

bounce

so, i'm at the kitchen bench, blitzing a mid-morning breakfast smoothie (which i don't really *need* - because upon my arrival home from the gym at the crack of dawn, there was a sexy Bulldog whizzing around making me a portobello mushroom and poached egg on dark brown grainy bread.. and a grilled tomato, AND asparagrass - which i am buying up left, right and centre cos the season's nearly over... but i am addicted to spirulina smoothies - because they are green and good and they make me feel so healthy) and i glance up and catch eyes with a little golden-haired-boy, full of bounce, who immediately starts making "I LOVE YOU SO MUCH" sign language gestures to me as the sunlight creates a haloed kiss upon his head.

this spunky littl'un is grinning all over, waving his arms, blowing me kisses, clutching his hands to his chest, and spinning around and around. as i grab the camera and sprint outside, i hear his babyvoice calling, "Mu-u-u-u-m!!! I LOVE you SO MUCH!!!" and we revel in his uninhibitedness and i send my thanks into the great wide universe for such a gift as my Bouncey Mousey - cos i asked for him, and he was given. and he shows me his moves, and i try in vain to capture our moment - his exhuberance, his delight, his sweetness, the sunshine all around.

6 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

What a wonderful morning...and what a beautiful boy!! Your entry made me happy!

11:08 AM  
Blogger Little Miss Flossy said...

I should know by now not to read your post when there are little peeps around cos the tears come especially since I understand about losing one and then waiting so long for the last who is like the best bits of everybody all rolled together. They pat me on the shoulder and I say it's ok, happy tears and they shake their heads and run out to lunch. Magic post. xxx

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is so special, we in the M whanau are big fans xxxx

1:04 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Smiling bigly...

7:29 PM  
Blogger Laura/CenterDownHome said...

Uplifting. Catch him and hold him and squeeze him and don't let him grow up! :)

You know I'm kidding. They're a different kind of dear as they grow, you already know. I told you that Owen has taken to chuckling and saying,in a tone that mixes amusement with pity, "Mom, you are so funny." Hmmph!

5:31 AM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

karen
oh yay! it made me so happy too - just a tiny slice of time - a perfect moment X

floss
They pat me on the shoulder... they shake their heads and run out to lunch
love your connectedness with the little peeps. yes, these "last ones" are very speshal X

hay
back atcha - fans. of. you. and. yours.
you seem so far away though X

steve
oh YAY. glad to share the sunshine! X

laura
sometimes i wish i could freeze time and freeze these little people in it. but then i LOVE watching them grow and unfurl, and i LOVE the bigness of the bigger people too. this post freezes the memory of this moment, at least...
X

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home